Re: [Distillers] Rye Spirit Run Plus Feints.

  • Henry Sangret
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2013
      Don't guess you should always try new things! I did a second ferment on a millet wash and it came out ok, not a lot of flavor, which tells me to cut the sugar in half. The tails were so-so but I only use those in a first distill anyway and no strange favors ... That is unless you use a immersion heater  and scortch the mash.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 9, 2013, at 9:31 AM, bluwater2828@... wrote:

      I would not take a chance on any off flavors coming thru. At best I'd think you'd dilute the good flavors from the rye.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2013
        I keep my grain feints separate from my sugar feints. Only time i mix is if I'm doing a neutral run. Of course when it comes to taste and flavor.....opinions vary and what you like...is good.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone