Rye Spirit Run Plus Feints.

  • eyendall
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2013
      A question: if I add feints from a sugar wash distillation to my second run rye, will it dilute the end product or will it pick up rye flavours which otherwise would remain in the stillage. Is it a good idea?
    • bluwater2828
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2013
        I would not take a chance on any off flavors coming thru. At best I'd think you'd dilute the good flavors from the rye.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

        A question: if I add feints from a sugar wash distillation to my second run rye, will it dilute the end product or will it pick up rye flavours which otherwise would remain in the stillage. Is it a good idea?

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Henry Sangret
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2013
          Don't guess you should always try new things! I did a second ferment on a millet wash and it came out ok, not a lot of flavor, which tells me to cut the sugar in half. The tails were so-so but I only use those in a first distill anyway and no strange favors ... That is unless you use a immersion heater  and scortch the mash.

          Sent from my iPad

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10, 2013
            I keep my grain feints separate from my sugar feints. Only time i mix is if I'm doing a neutral run. Of course when it comes to taste and flavor.....opinions vary and what you like...is good.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone