where to buy new/used barrel staves?

  • Bill Rogers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
      I'd like to get my hands on some barrel staves.  Anyone out there have a favorite place to get their aging wood from?

      I'd be open to buying some already charred if anyone has a good source for those as well.

      This place http://www.kentuckybarrels.com seems about the only place I could find with in a few hours of digging around the web that sells staves.
    • Brendan Keith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
        Message
        Home Depot.  Half barrel planters.  $10.  Still smell like whisky.

        --

        Brendan Keith

        bkeith@...

        I'd like to get my hands on some barrel staves.  Anyone out there have a favorite place to get their aging wood from?

        I'd be open to buying some already charred if anyone has a good source for those as well.

        This place http://www.kentuckybarrels.com seems about the only place I could find with in a few hours of digging around the web that sells staves.

      • jsducote
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
          I've seen those planters. I'd want to make sure they hadn't been treated with anything, inside or out. Antifungals come to mind, but who knows.
          -j

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Keith <bkeith@...> wrote:

          > Home Depot. Half barrel planters. $10. Still smell like whisky.
          > --
          > Brendan Keith

        • Steve Daniels
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013

            Steve Daniels
            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jul 2, 2013, at 1:28 PM, "jsducote" <forlorntexan@...> wrote:

            I've seen those planters. I'd want to make sure they hadn't been treated with anything, inside or out. Antifungals come to mind, but who knows.
            -j

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Keith <bkeith@...> wrote:

            > Home Depot. Half barrel planters. $10. Still smell like whisky.
            > --
            > Brendan Keith

          • Allister Keay
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013