Re: [Distillers] TTB

  • Peggy Korth
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2013
      When we were setting up to build stills for small scale fuel ethanol production about eight years ago (which has not happened) we had all kinds of disclaimers and acts of responsibilities stated in purchase agreements.  Let's see if the TTB changes their criteria for manufacturing and licensing. Rules and regulations are not always public oriented policy, but administrative or tax-based. In the past four years I am seeing more and more brew shops offering small stills for sale.  When asked about this, they replied... it is not illegal to sell a still and I do not see how anyone could keep a list of sales in a cash and carry business.  One still maker carefully stated the settings for distilling water, essential oils, and fuel and placed a warning about beverage distilling so as to be exonerated from liability. With so many still plans available, the few people who make stills only supply a small portion of the market.

      This crazy government we have wants to control everything and I mean EVERYTHING right down to the water and dirt and life itself.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2013
        We can all thank that stupid show on tv for big brothers renewed interest. One more source of cash for local law enforcement..

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: