Re: Bls: [Distillers] Re: Rye

  • henry sangret
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2013
      you need to use one of the amylase enzymes to break down the long chain sugars to a fermentable sugar. Use a wine or brewers yeast . are you trying to make rum?

      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2013
        I am fermenting Sweet Sorghum juice to ethanol. Could you tell what kind of yeast could break the long chain sugar ??!
        Which yeast is better to do the job Fermichamp or EC-1118 ???

        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2013
          Either will work, but you need to treat the sorghum with enzymes, the alpha is for existing starch conversion and the gluco does the long chain sugar conversion.