Stainless Steel Wool Packing

  • rum2do
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2013
      Hi All,
      Has anyone in our group tried using ss wool as packing in a reflux still.I would like to experiment with it but am not sure which grade to try.
      Joe
    • David Eastham
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2013
        If you're gonna use wool for packing use the copper stuff which is available. You might get rusting with the steel stuff.
        Dave E
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rum2do" <joegiffen@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Has anyone in our group tried using ss wool as packing in a reflux still.I would like to experiment with it but am not sure which grade to try.
        > Joe

      • Chris Cameron
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2013
          I use 3M pure SS potscrubbers. I buy mine at a restaurant supply place, $8 a dozen.