Double and triple distilling

  • Mike C
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2013
      When double or triple distilling is it reccomended to dilute with distilled water to get the flash point down? I read somewhere it is not reccomended to distill anything above 47 ABV.
    • henry sangret
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2013
        No when you double or triple distill in a pot still the object is to remove excess water.  When using a fractionating column you want the excess water to wash the alcohol.