Forming a Copper Reclamation Team - Pittsburgh area

  • jsutton_co
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 7:55 PM
      Forming a Copper Reclamation Team - Pittsburgh area

      I've been in discussion with an apartment owner in the Pittsburgh area who's removing steam heating system in favor of electrical baseboard heating in June.

      He's got 150 feet of 4" copper pipe and 150 feet of 2" copper pipe in the basement that we wants removed. All the local offers say "we'll cart it away, but we're not offering you anything."

      I wonder if it might work to recruit 4-5 other guys who have interest in 2"/4" copper pipe to form a reclamation team to remove the copper pipe and divvy up shares of the pipe with the owner. A days work for a haul of copper pipe....
      ... It's not fully formed or negotiated with the owner other than broadest terms. But it's worth asking folks interest to see if it might come together. It'll HAVE to happen in early /mid May.

      PM me if you have serious interest for a roadtrip and demolition work in Pittsburgh.