Re: EC-1118 turbo yeast without the heat

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 24, 2013
      No, Desross, you're not the only one getting frustrated.

      I firmly believe that moderation, at least with respect to "new ideas" should be light-handed, or valid paths of investigation could be stifled. That light-handedness relies on listers espousing "new ideas" gaining basic knowledge of the principles we all work with, before taking long excursions from known solid ground.

      Robert, it hurts me to say that every time you post you display even more gaps in that basic knowledge, which gives every new theory of yours a wildness that is destroying the friendly functioning of the forum.

      As an example, turbo yeast is not just yeast; it's a combination of genetically-modified Frankenyeast and a huge load of yeast stimulants and nutrients. It's a quick way to get a bad-tasting ferment, and it can't be farmed, because the yeast only (what you culture by farming) does not behave anything like the original mixture that comes out of the turbo packet.

      One more time, I'd like to ask you to study the basics, and before you pull something out of your...imagination... read,learn, and know.

      We're very close to the point where we're going to have to choose between you and the Distiller's list continuity, and I'd hate to see it. Help me out?

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Desross <djross@...> wrote:

      > Robert
      >
      > The problem is that you don't really seem to be interested in producing a good quality product using well proven and accepted distillation practices. Your comments and monotonous 'experiments' almost indicate a refusal or reluctance to go back to basics and become familiar and confident in the bare basics of distillation practice. It really is quite a simple process...why try and make it so complicated?
      > I used to enjoy this forum...it was informative and interesting...am I the only one getting frustrated here?
      >

      > On 24/03/2013, at 6:17 PM, RLB last2blast@... wrote:
      >
      > > Okay, you're not interested in Turbo yeast that don't not have a heat problem, but others might be interested in a low heat Turbo yeast. That was the intent of this post.
      > >
      > > Robert

    • joe giffen
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 24, 2013
        Hi,
        You certainly are  not the only one.This clown has been given the run of the forum. In about 2 weeks with over 30 posts he has announced ludicrous plans and given his opinion on everything. I doubt he has ever made anything.

        Regards
        Joe
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 24, 2013
          djross-
            By the sound of most of these posts, you're not the only one getting frustrated or are we a group of two???  I would like to get back to the distillation forum, which door do I run through??

          I am fermenting out some bread wash at the moment.  A friend gifted me with two pounds of white, unseasoned bread crumbs a while ago and I wanted to see what would happen if I made a wash from it
          So...

          1 lb white unseasoned bread crumbs
          3-gallons water (1-gallon reserved after boing)
          7 lbs white sugar
          1-quart 2% milk
          2 ozs Red Starr yeast

            Boiled 3-gallons water and reserved 1 for sparging (pouring over the cooked and strained BCs.  Added the BCs to the remaining 2-gallons of water and simmered for 20-minutes.  Strained out the BCs and poured the 1-gallon of water over it, let drain overnight.
            Tranferred the now 2-1/2 gallons of Bread-water to a cooker and added the quart of 2%, raised the tempreture to 120°F and added the white sugar to dissolve.
            LeTopped off with 3-1/2 gallons water and took the specific gravity (1.042) pitched the 2ozs Red Starr after blooming in a bit of wash for 30-minutes, and aerated it for 1-hour.    It is now bubbling happily away in an uncapped fermentation bucket.  As soon as it settles a bit I will put the airlock in place.  We'll see what happens in a few days or so.
          WB

              Exactly, Since I don't like using lemon juice as it is an antibacteriant, the lactic acid seems to give the wash the boost it needs to ferment quite nicely.  It is still going well with no chocking or stall whatsoever.  I will check the ABV in a few days to see where it is but it is starting to taste a bit "bitter" which is a good thing.
              WB

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 25, 2013
                Good read.  http://turbo-yeast.com/all-about-temperature/