Canned Corn

  • last2blast
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      I decided to try making a wort using canned Cream Corn, but I wondered if it should be cooked? Company was contacted to find out what temperature it was cooked.

      Their response:

      Once the can is filled and sealed, it goes through a thermal process of 260 degrees for 20 minutes.

      Seneca Foods Consumer Affairs

      Wegman's Food Markets
      Box 30844 1500 Brooks Avenue
      Rochester, NY14603-0844

      Well that kills the idea of using canned corn for anything other than taste.

      Robert