Re: Flash Distillation

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 13, 2013
      Max (and Joe),

      When you sat "stripping" it sounds like you mean stripping all the volatiles from a mixture of volatiles and non-volatiles, as opposed to the distiller's use of "stripping" as collecting most of the volatiles (and leaving much of the water) from a mixture of volatiles and non-volatiles? The former is what I found described in my research. I was ok with that, but it was of no use to a beverage distiller.

      Actually from your background I'm interested in what you have to say about flash distillation, for a couple of reasons. What you are saying does not appear to violate any of the physcial laws that have been issues earlier, and that you also predict the accumulation of ethanol/water mixture in the condensation chamber when spray emergy is reduced. My skull-modeling also predicted that.

      I'm really not against closing our minds to "new" ideas, but I need to see them backed up by references, experience, or physics. Otherwise, it just drives the forum nuts.

      Thanks for your input, Max.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "max_vino" <denisgrace@...> wrote:

      > "Could you and Rob go play in New Distillers"
      >
      > Joe;
      > As a chemical process engineer over the last 30 years I have built most of the stills I mentioned and I thought this forum would welcome an intellectual discussion on that level....I take your point and I will find another forum.
      > Cheers,
      > Max
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen joegiffen@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > Could you and Rob go play in New Distillers.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Joe

    • RLB
      Message 43 of 43 , Mar 14, 2013
        I just wanted to tell someone since I dropped the flash distillation subject on Distillers.

        I figured out how to use it for stripping, and how to use it for making cuts.  It will cost around $1,000 to build though.  Now the subject is officially dead for me.

        Robert