Re: [Distillers] Flash Distillation

  • Jan Ooms
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 9 9:19 PM
      Hi Robert,
      As a small hobby distiller I certainly am interested in your flash distillation. It certainly would not make me change my distilling habits at the moment.
      I always have an open mind to people that experiment to improve anything and everything. If your experiment doesn't work out, you have learned something, kept your brain active and lost sweet buggar all. The small amount of money you mentioned is of no importance at all.
      I just hope that you will let us know how it all worked out, good or bad.

      Good Luck My friend.
      Jan.
      Brisbane. OZ

      From: last2blast <last2blast@...>
      Subject: [Distillers] Flash Distillation
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, 10, March, 2013, 10:45 AM

      If I had known about Flash Distillation months ago, I would have my still built for me rather than wasting these many months on current stone age home distilling technology and techniques. Flash Distillation has been around for more than 100 years, and no one mentioned it in my reading, homedistiller.org, Artisans, new distillers, or distillers. It does raise a few interesting questions as to why the experts are still using this old technology. I guess it was a good that my idea was researched even further..
    • RLB
      Message 43 of 43 , Mar 14 2:41 PM
        I just wanted to tell someone since I dropped the flash distillation subject on Distillers.

        I figured out how to use it for stripping, and how to use it for making cuts.  It will cost around $1,000 to build though.  Now the subject is officially dead for me.

        Robert