Re: Yeast Comment

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
      I have to fall in with Wal and Joe on this one. On a bad fruit year for me, I'll make close to 100 liters of kit wines, mostly reds, and almost always Cellar Craft's premium line, which do a super job for me. Many, but not all, of those kits come with EC-1118, and the wines are always great.

      When I'm fermenting something where I know what yeast ester profile I want, I'll use that particular yeast, but for anything else, I'll usually fall back on EC-1118.

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal