Re: [Distillers] Re: Yeast Comment

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 4 12:41 AM
      I'm not a wine make, so information was based solely on what I read on home distiller web site.  With two wine makers stating this information to be incorrect, I must assume that home distiller web site has an error in its information concerning EC-1118 having a stale taste.  What I do know from experience is that it is a very good sugar wash yeast for my experiments.  It has almost no smell compared to baking yeast, and it gives my sugar wash a fruity smell that is rather pleasant have it fermenting in my apartment.

      Robert

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4 4:32 PM
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal