Re: [Distillers] Re: Yeast Comment

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 3, 2013
      www.homedistiller.org under yeast

      Robert

      From: waljaco <waljaco@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 12:49 AM
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: Yeast Comment

      Your sources are questionable. EC1118 is widely used for winemaking worlwide! A distilling yeast (turbo yeast) has certain characteristics that make it unsuitable for good flavoured musts.
      wal

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal