Re: [Distillers] Canadian whisky

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
      Something tells me that you are referring to the bite that you run across in many distilled spirits.  If I am correct, you are looking at cuts rather than a particular type or brand of whiskey.  If you use only hearts cut, it will produce a smoother whiskey that most distillers shy away from.  There are some smaller distiller's who refine hearts even further by actually running hearts two or three time.   You will find a Canadian whiskey recipe, but it's a little more complicated then just a recipe.  Let me suggest that you do a run, and as you make your run place your distillate into 8 or jars.  Number each jar in order they were filled.  using distilled water and quart jars, proof your distillate down to 40% abv and then sip and spit. If you find one to your liking you know that its hearts rather than a recipe.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
        See -
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_whisky