Re: [Distillers] Re: Yeast Comment

  • White Bear
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2013
      ZBob-
      Yes, A very wise man indeed.  This is the main reason that I tie a cloth around the opening of my carboys instead of using airlocks.  I don't even trust leaving the screw-tops loosely on the jug.  Someone, sooner or later, maybe even the dog or cat will screw these lids on tight (it seems always in the middle of the night).  Maybe ghost or gremlins do it, I don't know but it does happen.
        A bit of my opinion, lose or toss those screw-top lids, they only invite "mopping the ceiling".
      White Bear

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal