Re: [Distillers] Yeast Comment

  • Robert Lemmen
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2013
      henry,

      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 07:02:53AM -0800, henry sangret wrote:
      > I agree , turbo yeast is interesting but not for the 2 to 4% gain you may achieve!  I like the Lavlvin as well but not for grain worts, it seems to geterate more MEK and a few others, for grain I have a grain yeast I purchased from a supplier that will ferment to 10% very cleanly. Once I used it, I now keep a clean starter and keep reusing it.

      out of interest, what yeast is that? I would like to do my first grain
      wash soon, and am still puzzled about the yeast. I was thinking safale
      S-04 or US-05...

      regards robert

      --
      Robert Lemmen http://www.semistable.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal