Re: [Distillers] Yeast Comment

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1 7:54 AM
      Caps are on to keep dust out, but they are loose enough to allow CO2 to freely escape.  They are constantly checked to make sure they are loose enough to allow good clearance.  After this airlock and tightly closed containers are finished for me in producing ethanol.  Airlocks might be good for wines or beer, but they are somewhat useless for spirits.

      Robert

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4 4:32 PM
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal