Re: [Distillers] Yeast Comment

  • White Bear
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2013
      Robert-
        When you poured the wash into your gallon containers, you added oxygen.  These 1-gallon containers will continue to bubble until the O2 is used up or the ABV increases enough to stall the ferment.  In any case DO NOT lid the jugs, this will cause a very untimly explosive mess seemingly at the wee hours of the morning, or when you are gone.
      TRUST ME, I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK!!!
      White Bear

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal