Re: [Distillers] Yeast Comment

  • fatbloke
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 28, 2013
      Lag phase in the ferment and the a little air/O2 ???

      Probably what happened...

      RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      Just when you think you have yeast and fermentation figured out; you don't.  I did a 5 gal sugar wash with an airlock, and the air lock had not moved in 4 days.  My wash was transferred to 5 - 1 gal jugs to make distilling easier, and the next day those jugs looked like balloons.  Some how the transfer re-activated the yeast and it's fermenting up a storm (bubbles are visible through the plastic.)

      Robert

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal