Re: [Distillers] Re: Yeast Comment

  • henry sangret
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 27, 2013
      I am an engineer by education and trade and have performed a design of experimnents of sorts uaing a control mash and different yeasts. Now a barley mash is slightly different in that you dont ferment on the grain, that seems to be the big difference.

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal