Re: [Distillers] Yeast Comment

  • henry sangret
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 27, 2013
      I agree , turbo yeast is interesting but not for the 2 to 4% gain you may achieve!  I like the Lavlvin as well but not for grain worts, it seems to geterate more MEK and a few others, for grain I have a grain yeast I purchased from a supplier that will ferment to 10% very cleanly. Once I used it, I now keep a clean starter and keep reusing it.

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 4, 2013
        Whisky yeast I gather contains glucoamylase which helps to finish off the starch conversion more completely. It is also used to make "dry" beers.
        wal