Re: copper

  • chris
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013
      The use of copper reduces the sulfides in your product is what I,ve heard and read. As far as expense, I called a scrap outfit that had some freight damaged 2" copper tube and they wanted $10 a foot.

      Just my 2 cents worth
      Chris

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Palmer" wrote:

      > The advantage that copper has is:
      > 1. its high conductivity for heat.
      > 2. low cost.
      > 3. easy to work with.
      >
      > But you are right about SS, it is the way to go if you can.
      > Ted Palmer
      > tpalmer@...

    • Angelis
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013
        Thanks Chris

        Michael

        On Feb 3, 2013, at 11:14 AM, "chris" <gonagin58@...> wrote:

        The use of copper reduces the sulfides in your product is what I,ve heard and read. As far as expense, I called a scrap outfit that had some freight damaged 2" copper tube and they wanted $10 a foot.

        Just my 2 cents worth
        Chris

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Palmer" wrote:

        > The advantage that copper has is:
        > 1. its high conductivity for heat.
        > 2. low cost.
        > 3. easy to work with.
        >
        > But you are right about SS, it is the way to go if you can.
        > Ted Palmer
        > tpalmer@...

      • henry sangret
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 4, 2013
          yes it does, I cut up some copper tubing and mixed them into my glass packing materials in my reflux still and it works great!