Re: [Distillers] copper

  • Frank Narciso
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 26, 2013
      Call larger plumbing supply places, mechanical and/or plumbing contractors. Or roofing gutter companies. They use the stuff. It is expensive. In California for a 3x8 sheet it was about $250.

      Sent from my iPad

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 27, 2013
        I'm in NC

        does anyone out there have any insight or guidance on where to buy sheet copper?

      • Ed Barcik
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 27, 2013

          Try a roofing supply company, they use it for flashing and other things and it comes in decent size sheets and different thickness

          http://basiccopper.com/copper-sheet--rolls.html

        • chris
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013
            The use of copper reduces the sulfides in your product is what I,ve heard and read. As far as expense, I called a scrap outfit that had some freight damaged 2" copper tube and they wanted $10 a foot.

            Just my 2 cents worth
            Chris

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Palmer" wrote:

            > The advantage that copper has is:
            > 1. its high conductivity for heat.
            > 2. low cost.
            > 3. easy to work with.
            >
            > But you are right about SS, it is the way to go if you can.
            > Ted Palmer
            > tpalmer@...

          • Angelis
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013
              Thanks Chris

              Michael

              On Feb 3, 2013, at 11:14 AM, "chris" <gonagin58@...> wrote:

              The use of copper reduces the sulfides in your product is what I,ve heard and read. As far as expense, I called a scrap outfit that had some freight damaged 2" copper tube and they wanted $10 a foot.

              Just my 2 cents worth
              Chris

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Palmer" wrote:

              > The advantage that copper has is:
              > 1. its high conductivity for heat.
              > 2. low cost.
              > 3. easy to work with.
              >
              > But you are right about SS, it is the way to go if you can.
              > Ted Palmer
              > tpalmer@...

            • henry sangret
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 4, 2013
                yes it does, I cut up some copper tubing and mixed them into my glass packing materials in my reflux still and it works great!