Re: [Distillers] Re: memory jog?

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013
      Electric might be safer, but electric is slower.  On my kitchen stove it takes 2.5 hours to do a simple stripping run.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

        > Also look at eGullet.

        Thanks Ed, and all. That manual from the cooking site is perfect. Now I can begin assembling the equipment. The PID is fascinating, and I'll get parts for a heatstick tomorrow, and collect some local Juniper (no shortage of that in the desert) to try Gin flavoring. Maybe I'll even get a still built, if I quit finding other interesting projects. Today's question. Ed mentioned that I would need a Deflegmator. Is that in addition to a stuffed column? Any plans, or pics of one around? Still enjoying the research. H.
      • David Kiehl
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
        Sorry this info was slow for me to send to you
        Dave

        To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: mrlovjoy1@...
        Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 02:32:56 +0000

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

        > Also look at eGullet.

        Thanks Ed, and all. That manual from the cooking site is perfect. Now I can begin assembling the equipment. The PID is fascinating, and I'll get parts for a heatstick tomorrow, and collect some local Juniper (no shortage of that in the desert) to try Gin flavoring. Maybe I'll even get a still built, if I quit finding other interesting projects. Today's question. Ed mentioned that I would need a Deflegmator. Is that in addition to a stuffed column? Any plans, or pics of one around? Still enjoying the research. H.

      • mrlovjoy
        Message 4 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, David Kiehl wrote:...

          Thanks very much Dave. All very useful. H