Re: memory jog?

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013
      Edward,

      Thanks so much for the very good information. It's got me interested, and I'll probably never get away from using propane under my potstill.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

      > Also look at eGullet. The PID controllers are used by egullet users to
      > control Sous Vide cookers.
      >

      > For example:
      >
      > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144275-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
      > t-2010/page__st__1170__p__1777743#entry1777743
      >
      > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144300-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
      > t-2011/page__st__720__p__1833710#entry1833710
      >

      > . PedroG 437 posts
      >
      > Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM
      >
      > PID Tuning Guide Release 2
      >
      > Finally, the new version of the PID tuning guide (authored by Frank Hsu,
      > Peter Black, Robert Jueneman and Peter Gruber aka PedroG) is available for
      > download. It contains new chapters:
      >
      > . Ar: Integral Limit aka Anti - reset windup
      >
      > . Output power Limit %
      >
      > . Autotuning percentage
      >
      > . Impact of Thermodynamic Properties of a cooker on PID-Tuning
      >
      > It is copyright protected by FreshMealsSolutions, but Frank Hsu of
      > FreshMealsSolutions explicitly gave permission to make the guide available
      > for download in the eGullet forum, but not for publication on other websites
      > (except his own of course) or otherwise.

      ttach_id=19246> Attached File

      ttach_id=19246> PID-tuning-guide_R2_V006.pdf 270.31K 1309 downloads

      > Also:
      >
      > What are the
      > basics of PID settings?
      > How do PID
      > controllers work with an induction hob?
      > What should
      > I make of this PID controller temperature overshoot?

    • RLB
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013
        Electric might be safer, but electric is slower.  On my kitchen stove it takes 2.5 hours to do a simple stripping run.

        Robert

        Thanks so much for the very good information. It's got me interested, and I'll probably never get away from using propane under my potstill.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

        > Also look at eGullet. The PID controllers are used by egullet users to
        > control Sous Vide cookers.
        >

        > For example:
        >
        > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144275-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
        > t-2010/page__st__1170__p__1777743#entry1777743
        >
        > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144300-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
        > t-2011/page__st__720__p__1833710#entry1833710
        >

        > . PedroG 437 posts
        >
        > Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM
        >
        > PID Tuning Guide Release 2
        >
        > Finally, the new version of the PID tuning guide (authored by Frank Hsu,
        > Peter Black, Robert Jueneman and Peter Gruber aka PedroG) is available for
        > download. It contains new chapters:
        >
        > . Ar: Integral Limit aka Anti - reset windup
        >
        > . Output power Limit %
        >
        > . Autotuning percentage
        >
        > . Impact of Thermodynamic Properties of a cooker on PID-Tuning
        >
        > It is copyright protected by FreshMealsSolutions, but Frank Hsu of
        > FreshMealsSolutions explicitly gave permission to make the guide available
        > for download in the eGullet forum, but not for publication on other websites
        > (except his own of course) or otherwise.

        ttach_id=19246> Attached File

        ttach_id=19246> PID-tuning-guide_R2_V006.pdf 270.31K 1309 downloads

        > Also:
        >
        > What are the
        > basics of PID settings?
        > How do PID
        > controllers work with an induction hob?
        > What should
        > I make of this PID controller temperature overshoot?

      • mrlovjoy
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

          > Also look at eGullet.

          Thanks Ed, and all. That manual from the cooking site is perfect. Now I can begin assembling the equipment. The PID is fascinating, and I'll get parts for a heatstick tomorrow, and collect some local Juniper (no shortage of that in the desert) to try Gin flavoring. Maybe I'll even get a still built, if I quit finding other interesting projects. Today's question. Ed mentioned that I would need a Deflegmator. Is that in addition to a stuffed column? Any plans, or pics of one around? Still enjoying the research. H.
        • David Kiehl
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
          Sorry this info was slow for me to send to you
          Dave

          To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          From: mrlovjoy1@...
          Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 02:32:56 +0000

          Message 5 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, David Kiehl wrote:...

            Thanks very much Dave. All very useful. H