RE: [Distillers] Re: memory jog?

  • Edward Dekker
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013

      Also look at eGullet.   The PID controllers are used by egullet users to control Sous Vide cookers.

      For example:

      http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144275-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipment-2010/page__st__1170__p__1777743#entry1777743

      http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144300-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipment-2011/page__st__720__p__1833710#entry1833710

      ·         PedroG  437 posts

      Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

      PID Tuning Guide Release 2

      Finally, the new version of the PID tuning guide (authored by Frank Hsu, Peter Black, Robert Jueneman and Peter Gruber aka PedroG) is available for download. It contains new chapters:

      ·         Ar: Integral Limit aka Anti – reset windup

      ·         Output power Limit %

      ·         Autotuning percentage

      ·         Impact of Thermodynamic Properties of a cooker on PID-Tuning

      It is copyright protected by FreshMealsSolutions, but Frank Hsu of FreshMealsSolutions explicitly gave permission to make the guide available for download in the eGullet forum, but not for publication on other websites (except his own of course) or otherwise.

      Attached FilePID-tuning-guide_R2_V006.pdf 270.31K 1309 downloads

      Also:

      What are the basics of PID settings?
      How do PID controllers work with an induction hob?
      What should I make of this PID controller temperature overshoot?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013
        Edward,

        Thanks so much for the very good information. It's got me interested, and I'll probably never get away from using propane under my potstill.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

        > Also look at eGullet. The PID controllers are used by egullet users to
        > control Sous Vide cookers.
        >

        > For example:
        >
        > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144275-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
        > t-2010/page__st__1170__p__1777743#entry1777743
        >
        > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144300-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
        > t-2011/page__st__720__p__1833710#entry1833710
        >

        > . PedroG 437 posts
        >
        > Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM
        >
        > PID Tuning Guide Release 2
        >
        > Finally, the new version of the PID tuning guide (authored by Frank Hsu,
        > Peter Black, Robert Jueneman and Peter Gruber aka PedroG) is available for
        > download. It contains new chapters:
        >
        > . Ar: Integral Limit aka Anti - reset windup
        >
        > . Output power Limit %
        >
        > . Autotuning percentage
        >
        > . Impact of Thermodynamic Properties of a cooker on PID-Tuning
        >
        > It is copyright protected by FreshMealsSolutions, but Frank Hsu of
        > FreshMealsSolutions explicitly gave permission to make the guide available
        > for download in the eGullet forum, but not for publication on other websites
        > (except his own of course) or otherwise.

        ttach_id=19246> Attached File

        ttach_id=19246> PID-tuning-guide_R2_V006.pdf 270.31K 1309 downloads

        > Also:
        >
        > What are the
        > basics of PID settings?
        > How do PID
        > controllers work with an induction hob?
        > What should
        > I make of this PID controller temperature overshoot?

      • RLB
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013
          Electric might be safer, but electric is slower.  On my kitchen stove it takes 2.5 hours to do a simple stripping run.

          Robert

          Thanks so much for the very good information. It's got me interested, and I'll probably never get away from using propane under my potstill.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

          > Also look at eGullet. The PID controllers are used by egullet users to
          > control Sous Vide cookers.
          >

          > For example:
          >
          > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144275-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
          > t-2010/page__st__1170__p__1777743#entry1777743
          >
          > http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144300-sous-vide-recipes-techniques-equipmen
          > t-2011/page__st__720__p__1833710#entry1833710
          >

          > . PedroG 437 posts
          >
          > Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM
          >
          > PID Tuning Guide Release 2
          >
          > Finally, the new version of the PID tuning guide (authored by Frank Hsu,
          > Peter Black, Robert Jueneman and Peter Gruber aka PedroG) is available for
          > download. It contains new chapters:
          >
          > . Ar: Integral Limit aka Anti - reset windup
          >
          > . Output power Limit %
          >
          > . Autotuning percentage
          >
          > . Impact of Thermodynamic Properties of a cooker on PID-Tuning
          >
          > It is copyright protected by FreshMealsSolutions, but Frank Hsu of
          > FreshMealsSolutions explicitly gave permission to make the guide available
          > for download in the eGullet forum, but not for publication on other websites
          > (except his own of course) or otherwise.

          ttach_id=19246> Attached File

          ttach_id=19246> PID-tuning-guide_R2_V006.pdf 270.31K 1309 downloads

          > Also:
          >
          > What are the
          > basics of PID settings?
          > How do PID
          > controllers work with an induction hob?
          > What should
          > I make of this PID controller temperature overshoot?

        • mrlovjoy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Dekker" wrote:

            > Also look at eGullet.

            Thanks Ed, and all. That manual from the cooking site is perfect. Now I can begin assembling the equipment. The PID is fascinating, and I'll get parts for a heatstick tomorrow, and collect some local Juniper (no shortage of that in the desert) to try Gin flavoring. Maybe I'll even get a still built, if I quit finding other interesting projects. Today's question. Ed mentioned that I would need a Deflegmator. Is that in addition to a stuffed column? Any plans, or pics of one around? Still enjoying the research. H.
          • David Kiehl
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
            Sorry this info was slow for me to send to you
            Dave

            To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            From: mrlovjoy1@...
            Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 02:32:56 +0000

            Message 6 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, David Kiehl wrote:...

              Thanks very much Dave. All very useful. H