Re: [Distillers] Re: beginning question(s)

  • roger shattuck
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 26, 2013
      About the copper scrubbers: the ones I've been finding are copper plated mystery metal from China. Are these safe to use?

      TheShatt's Speakeasy

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 26, 2013
        Sorry, the plated scrubbies are a great way to mess up a still run. They turn to black muck pretty quickly.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, roger shattuck wrote:

        > About the copper scrubbers: the ones I've been finding are copper plated mystery metal from China. Are these safe to use?
        > TheShatt's Speakeasy

      • henry sangret
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
          I wouldn't use then, who knows what they are made of, the Chinese were using alot of Russian scrap some old Nuclear Navy ships, want to the dark anyone?

          From: ballard_bootlegger <whitney@...>
          To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Friday, January 25, 2013, 5:24 PM

          The pot and bowl is a fun one. :-) My version was a big tea kettle, my coil stuck through a cork in the spout.  When you change packing try looking at a hardware store in the pest control department, they sell great copper mesh made to keep birds out.  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mrlovjoy"  wrote: > Hi Boot. Planning on ss scrubbers first, cause that's what the store had. Sometime today I will be running my first experimental wash through a pot still consisting of a ss pot, a bowl on top, and 1/4 inch copper tubing/coil out the top of the bowl. Bare bones, to say the least. Later I plan on modular parts which I can swap out as I learn. I'll post what happens next. H. > ------------------------------------ Distillers list archives : http://www.taet.com.au/distillers.nsf/ FAQ, Howto distil etc. : http://homedistiller.orgYahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/ <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/join     (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email:     Distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com     Distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     Distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/