Re: [Distillers] Southeast US

  • W D Heimer
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2013
      If you live near Augusta, Hajoca plumbing supply has 2” copper.  They don’t normally sell short pieces, but they cut me a 4’ piece off of a length that was bent.
      Reagrdz, Dave H.

      Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:03 PM
      Subject: [Distillers] Southeast US

      I live in Georgia and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a supplier for copper sheet. Pretty much come to the conclusion my reflux still I purchased from mile hi is not going to make a good bourbon. I really like my still. Solid well made. But it wants to run distillate too high. Even not packing the column and running as a pot still. Tried turning the heat up and just scorches the wash.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

    • forrest sutton
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
        I've owned a mile high still for several years and have made many attempts to achieve a good burbon without success,  I soon will begin a new project of building a traditional pot still.

      • henry sangret
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
          I did the same, I have a pot still and a reflux for neutral spirits. BTW I use the pot still alot,  not just for whiskeys but also stripping washes!