Re: copper

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 23, 2013
      I haven't bought sheet copper from them, but I use McMaster Carr for copper fittings and stainless pipe parts. They are super to deal with and have an incredible inventory.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, henry sangret wrote:

      > There is a online company out of chicago I deal with alot, and they are called McMaster Carr and they ship very fast!
      >

      > ________________________________

    • henry sangret
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 24, 2013
        Love those people ! Its amazing what they have and in stock that doesnt show up on theit online catalogue!  I bought the quick connect stainless sanitary fittings for connecting my stillheads for the pot and reflux  stills from them and all my stainless sheet and tubing.

        I haven't bought sheet copper from them, but I use McMaster Carr for copper fittings and stainless pipe parts. They are super to deal with and have an incredible inventory.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, henry sangret wrote:

        > There is a online company out of chicago I deal with alot, and they are called McMaster Carr and they ship very fast!
        >

        > ________________________________

      • roger shattuck
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 26, 2013

          does anyone out there have any insight or guidance on where to buy sheet copper?

        • Frank Narciso
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 26, 2013
            Call larger plumbing supply places, mechanical and/or plumbing contractors. Or roofing gutter companies. They use the stuff. It is expensive. In California for a 3x8 sheet it was about $250.

            Sent from my iPad

            does anyone out there have any insight or guidance on where to buy sheet copper?

          • forrest sutton
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 27, 2013
              I'm in NC

              does anyone out there have any insight or guidance on where to buy sheet copper?

            • Ed Barcik
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 27, 2013

                Try a roofing supply company, they use it for flashing and other things and it comes in decent size sheets and different thickness

                http://basiccopper.com/copper-sheet--rolls.html

              • chris
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013
                  The use of copper reduces the sulfides in your product is what I,ve heard and read. As far as expense, I called a scrap outfit that had some freight damaged 2" copper tube and they wanted $10 a foot.

                  Just my 2 cents worth
                  Chris

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Palmer" wrote:

                  > The advantage that copper has is:
                  > 1. its high conductivity for heat.
                  > 2. low cost.
                  > 3. easy to work with.
                  >
                  > But you are right about SS, it is the way to go if you can.
                  > Ted Palmer
                  > tpalmer@...

                • Angelis
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013
                    Thanks Chris

                    Michael

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 4, 2013
                      yes it does, I cut up some copper tubing and mixed them into my glass packing materials in my reflux still and it works great!