Fwd: [Distillers] Gasket material

  • Ion Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013

      Eddie,
      It's subject to the size of the gap and the seat it all sits in.  I have found teflon tape better than any thing else, providing the gap is not too large and the circumference is not too large. There are also rubbers such as Nitrile that is compatible with ethanol and can be made into washers of varying diameters . I don't no if this is helpful but a solution to your problem is obviously necessary. good luck.
      Ion

      From: Eddie Hoskin <eddie_hoskin@...>
      Date: 22 January 2013 10:02:45 AM NZDT
      To: "Distillers@yahoogroups com" <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Distillers] Gasket material

      I fiiiinally got off my keister and brought the old still out of storage, and made a run over the weekend.  I re-discovered my love-hate relationship with flour-dough seals...boy do they work great, but when it's time to clean.....YARGH! Time to upgrade.

      So, what do you guys use as gasketing? The far reaches of memory seem to recollect silicon mats or natural cork 'slices'...I'd be interested to see what you old hats are using :).

      Thanks,
      Radical Ed

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android