Re: "Distilling" all this information

  • Butch Derickson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
      Lots of still designs of all types here:  http://homedistiller.org/forum/
    • mrlovjoy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Butch Derickson wrote:

        > Lots of still designs of all types here:  http://homedistiller.org/forum/

        Thanks Butch, I'm researching every day, HD included, and DISTILLING group. I THINK I've learned enough to make some choices, as I wrote. Now I'm asking for the teacher(s) to grade my test. I'm sure there's lots-o-guys here who have gone the route I'm thinking about, and I'm hoping some will share their actual experiences. I know we don't know each other, but, believe it or not, I don't always make the best decisions on my own. :-) H.
      • tgfoitwoods
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
          Try these links to artisan distillers. Vapor management is practiced a lot, in all its variations, by several stillers over there. Any VM information by Myles or Minime will be great (others also).

          http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7233
          http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7012
          http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5859

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" wrote:

            > Try these links...

            Thanks ZB, and all. Guess I will simply need to get a rein on the enthusiasm, eh? Actually, I enjoy building, as much as using what I build. Using is just proof of concept, albeit a very useful proof (Pun semi intended). Fine tuning a basic build should be fun. I'll look for those named posts on AS, I go there often. There's also a group titled Distilling that some may find useful as an exchange medium. I'll lurk for a bit, and stop pestering. H.
          • tgfoitwoods
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
              There's good information in several locations around the web, but understand you are not pestering here. Thisis what we're supposed to be doing. It's just that I personally am no expert on reflux stills.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
                you are not pestering here. Thisis what we're supposed to be
                > doing. It's just that I personally am no expert on reflux stills.

                Well, I just got a stainless pot and bowl, and by tomorrow I hope to have my copper tubing protruding from the top, and a gallon of my first experimental wash steaming through it. How's that for simple? I really don't expect anything but experience from it, but who knows? It'll sate my newbee impatience, any way. Again, thanks ZB. H.