"Distilling" all this information

  • mrlovjoy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
      Thanks Jeff and all.

      I am beginning to think that a vm still might be the easiest (For a beginner)to construct, run, and will produce good ns. Does anyone know a location for plans, and running info, specific to this design? It appears that all I need is a T, with a gate valve, between the modular column, and condenser head I am planning to build, running off to a glass Liebig that I already have. Any suggestions? Am I missing anything? As always, thanks, H.
    • Butch Derickson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
        Lots of still designs of all types here:  http://homedistiller.org/forum/
      • mrlovjoy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Butch Derickson wrote:

          > Lots of still designs of all types here:  http://homedistiller.org/forum/

          Thanks Butch, I'm researching every day, HD included, and DISTILLING group. I THINK I've learned enough to make some choices, as I wrote. Now I'm asking for the teacher(s) to grade my test. I'm sure there's lots-o-guys here who have gone the route I'm thinking about, and I'm hoping some will share their actual experiences. I know we don't know each other, but, believe it or not, I don't always make the best decisions on my own. :-) H.
        • tgfoitwoods
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
            Try these links to artisan distillers. Vapor management is practiced a lot, in all its variations, by several stillers over there. Any VM information by Myles or Minime will be great (others also).

            http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7233
            http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7012
            http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5859

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" wrote:

              > Try these links...

              Thanks ZB, and all. Guess I will simply need to get a rein on the enthusiasm, eh? Actually, I enjoy building, as much as using what I build. Using is just proof of concept, albeit a very useful proof (Pun semi intended). Fine tuning a basic build should be fun. I'll look for those named posts on AS, I go there often. There's also a group titled Distilling that some may find useful as an exchange medium. I'll lurk for a bit, and stop pestering. H.
            • tgfoitwoods
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
                There's good information in several locations around the web, but understand you are not pestering here. Thisis what we're supposed to be doing. It's just that I personally am no expert on reflux stills.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
                  you are not pestering here. Thisis what we're supposed to be
                  > doing. It's just that I personally am no expert on reflux stills.

                  Well, I just got a stainless pot and bowl, and by tomorrow I hope to have my copper tubing protruding from the top, and a gallon of my first experimental wash steaming through it. How's that for simple? I really don't expect anything but experience from it, but who knows? It'll sate my newbee impatience, any way. Again, thanks ZB. H.