Re: slivo

  • tyto_negro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2013
      Hi Ed,

      I made slivovitz from fresh plums, made wine with a good general purpose yeast. Added a bit of sugar, since not all plums were super ripe.
      Leave the pits/kernels, but don't crush too many.

      Double distilled in a simple pot still. Make the right cuts and use a tiny bit of tail to make it really nice and smooth. Final result was 45% ABV

      Cheers,

      Tom