reflux still construction ,,,

  • catfishking1128
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
      so should i have a condensor at the top of the colum or not ??? parts come in tomarow i will be starting construction as soon as they arrive trying to figure out the best way to construct my still ...will be using a 15.5 beer keg with 2 inch copper riser just wanna make it the right way and one that will produce good quality any tips or information would be greatly appreciated ..
    • mrlovjoy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        Hi Catfish,
        Kinda looks like we are on our own, eh? I am making mine modular so I can change designs as I learn. I'm starting with a 1.5 in. column of 36 inches, as kindly suggested by a lone member. Stuff it, un stuff it, put a lyne arm, condenser, offset, or whatever on top. Have you started yet? I'll share with you as I learn. Good luck, Howard in NM.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "catfishking1128" wrote:

        > so should i have a condensor at the top of the colum or not ??? parts come in tomarow i will be starting construction as soon as they arrive trying to figure out the best way to construct my still ...will be using a 15.5 beer keg with 2 inch copper riser just wanna make it the right way and one that will produce good quality any tips or information would be greatly appreciated ..

      • ballard_bootlegger
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
          Damn I wish there was good catfishing in western WA, that's about the only thing I miss since moving east of the mountains. The short answer is YES. I would recommend a condenser at the top of the still. It makes it so much more versatile and gives you much more control over your vapor speed and flavor than a standard pot still. You can even have separate cooling water valves to control column condenser (dephlegmator) and your end condenser. There is a learning curve but the sky's the limit once you get the hang of it.

          Good luck and have fun!
          Drink Well,
          W.