Fish House punch

    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2002
      A drink from America's Colonial days, originating in the mid-18th
      century in Pennsylvania. It uses a peach brandy - which is similar to
      the Peach Liqueur given previously.

      Peach Brandy
      4 cups fresh peaches peeled and sliced
      11/2 cups sugar
      750 ml brandy
      Place fruit in a large jar. Dissolve sugar in brandy and pour over
      fruit. Steep for 4-6 months. Strain.

      Fish House Punch (Original)
      3/4 lb (350 g) sugar
      2 l dark rum
      2 l water
      2 cups peach brandy
      1 l brandy
      1 l fresh lemon juice

      Dissolve sugar in water. Stir in lemon juice and add peach brandy,
      brandy and rum. Pour into a chilled punch bowl with a block of ice.
      Makes approx. 50 servings.

      Wal
    • Tony & Elle Ackland
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2002
        > A drink from America's Colonial days, originating in the mid-18th
        > century in Pennsylvania. It uses a peach brandy - which is similar to
        > the Peach Liqueur given previously.

        I can swear for the earlier peach recipe from last year (a take off of
        Southern Comfort, either in the archives or at
        http://homedistiller.org/liqueurs2.htm#southern), and these look similar -
        fantastic drinks !

        Tony