Re: [Distillers] Peated Scotch

  • Eddie Hoskin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
      If memory serves, in Scottish whisky all the malt is peated...the degree to which it is so determines the strength of the peatiness.

      I'd not worry about it and run it.  If it should happen to be a little too intense, make up another batch of whiskey, this time unmalted, and blend to perfection :).

      Eddie

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
        Watch the "Moonshines" on Discovery.  The last two episodes covered Rye Scott Whiskey.  Unless you live in Scotland, you might want to call it "Scottish Inspired Whiskey." Lol!

        Robert