Re: [Distillers] Freeze distillation

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2012
      Normally, I would agree with you on freeze distillation but try pressing the ice to remove as much liquid as possible.  In my last 2 freeze distilled samples, my liquid reached 23 oz., and I was feeling fairly good.  If you can achieve a buzz like that from just inhaling the wash fumes, it says a great deal about the Ethanol content.  One showed no proof, and the second sample was listed at 10 proof @ 33 F.  Since those 2 sample still contain yeast and solids, any alcohol reading would not be correct.

      Robert