Re: [Distillers] Thumber Sizing

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2012
      Tube depth depends on a number of factors like overall thumper depth.  You would never place both tubes at the same height.  What is your thumper made out of is an other factor.  A metal or glass thumper can handle temps better, so you can place the intake within 1" of the bottom and outlet 1" from the top.  A wood thumper will be affected by heat more than metal or glass, so you would want the intake at least 3" from the bottom.  Fill the thumper half way with clean water or collected heads and tails.  Play around with inlet depth. because the deeper the inlet is it should give a better flavor.

      Robert