Re: Whey Spirit

  • arf60152
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2002
      Just found this group and this thread really jumped out at me.

      I make cheese and get very dejected over having to dump the whey
      which contains all the sugar, down the drain. People are constantly
      asking what can be done with it and there really is no good answer
      unless you have pigs.

      I wonder what the gravity of the whey is as it never occurred to me
      to measure it.

      I will find out on the next batch.

      js

      PHOTO OF THE WEEK http://user.mc.net/arf/weekly.htm
      HOME: Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Sausage, Videos http://user.mc.net/arf
    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2002
        In order to ferment whey, you apparently need a special yeast. Perhaps some
        one knows which yeast will do the job.
        Pete
        > Just found this group and this thread really jumped out at me.
        >
        > I make cheese and get very dejected over having to dump the whey
        > which contains all the sugar, down the drain. People are constantly
        > asking what can be done with it and there really is no good answer
        > unless you have pigs.
        >
        > I wonder what the gravity of the whey is as it never occurred to me
        > to measure it.
        >
        > I will find out on the next batch.
        >
        > js
        >
        > PHOTO OF THE WEEK http://user.mc.net/arf/weekly.htm