distilling class 2013

  • sross162002
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
      We are going to once again offering our 1 day distilling course. During the day we will go through all the processes from grain to glass with hands on approach. You will see the actual operations. Our last class had all of the participants feeling they gained a wealth of knowledge and what they most appreciated was actual seeing all the stages required not just hearing about them or seeing pictures. We have a comprehensive video video presentation with an accompanying booklet. Our Equipment includes a 600 liter Holstein Still with 2 towers and a total of 21 plates. The course will be from 9 to 5. To cover everything it has go for the full time. There is a pizza lunch provided. The items that will be cover are.,
      A very short history of distilling discussed
      grain grinding
      grain cooking
      grain fermenting
      mash distilling
      determining heads , tails and hearts
      still maintenance and cleaning
      bottling
      Maintaining TTb standards for alcohol proof(gauging)
      TTB reporting
      Types of stills.
      Last time one of the student wrote us before the class questioning if we could do it all in one day after the class he said we we really did it!
      we are
      Virtuoso Distillers (you can find us at 18Vodka.com)
      4211 Grape rd Mishawaka IN46545
      574 876 4450
      The cost of the one day class is $175.00 to hold a seat
      We have a planned maximum of 16 seats
    • sross162002
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
        Opps forgot the date Sat. Feb 23,2013 starts at 9 goes to 5