slivovitz aging

  • stillyaakman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2012
      I met a Romanian slivovitz distiller, ages his product on mulberry twigs. Nice yellow tint to it and a nice flavor too.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2012
        Slivovitz looks like the Yiddish term.
        Slibovita is Romanian.

        For more information on aging see -

        http://slivovitz.askdefine.com

        http://www.sljivovica.net/slivovitz.html

        wal

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stillyaakman" <stillyaakman@...> wrote:

        > I met a Romanian slivovitz distiller, ages his product on mulberry twigs. Nice yellow tint to it and a nice flavor too.

      • roger shattuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2012
          I have an uncle in Austria that makes Slivowitz. Most people in America have no idea what it its.

          I met a Romanian slivovitz distiller, ages his product on mulberry twigs. Nice yellow tint to it and a nice flavor too.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              Distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com
              Distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25, 2012
            Would the mulberry twigs be green or dried, bark on or off?