Re: Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2012
      Maple syrup is rather an expensive sugar source, but excellent as a flavoring source for liqueurs.

      http://www.canadianmaplesyrup.com/maplefacts.html

      Maple flavored whisky
      http://tinyurl.com/9969nfz

      wal

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2012
        From this site it appears that 1/2 metric cup (125ml)honey/litre spirit is ideal.

        http://tinyurl.com/8kwsbca

        wal

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sheeaigney" <timandjennifer@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone seen a recipe that comes close to this? I got a bottle for my birthday last night and I am hooked, so of course I have to try and make my own :)

      • dydd_iau
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 14, 2012
          I would say that 125ml/litre is quite a lot. that would make it pretty sweet. depends on the type of honey you use but i would recomend starting at half this concentration and working your way up. very sweet can be nice but get pretty sickly after 1 glass. dont buy the cheap honey from the supermarket it is over proccessed to be little better than sugar syrup. often they water it down with syrup anyways. get some direct from a local beekeeper-its much nicer and better for you. we could do with the support!

          i like holding the bottle up to the light and watching the honey dissolve in the alcohol but then i am easily amused...