Re: Wood aging

  • lostwilly929
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7 8:31 PM
      hey guys and gals,

      I've been playing with toasted blocks of wood in mason jars, and it's doing a great job. I'm making apple shine with brewers yeast, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks in the mash. Also add a stick to the pot when distilling. Pulling it very slowly out of a pot still @ about 75%, cutting it to 55% with distilled water. Then it's a month or so in a qt. mason jar with a 1.5" cube of hard wood toasted on all sides. When the cube sinks it's done. I've used white oak, sweet cherry, and got some apple wood floating right now have to let you know how that one goes. I'm calling it apple rumski, if I'm using some else's product name or misusing rumski here some one please yell at me.

      Willy