Re: [Distillers] apple ferment

  • frank prah
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2012

      Hi,

      It sounds like you will be making "apple pie" a favorite southern drink.

      Frank

      "Always laugh when you can.  It is cheap medicine."  Lord Byron

      On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM, framers8 <framers8@...> wrote:
      Hello to all,   I have a copper valved reflux still with a 2" column packed with stainless steel scrubbers. I have just removed the scrubbers to clean the still with vinegar & salt mixture. My new question is this, I have 12 gals of apple juice fermenting and I am wondering if the finished product would have more of an apple flavor if I run it without the scrubbers and the reflux ? I have run apple juice before with the scrubbers and reflux and it yielded a slight apple taste. I have also thought about just doing that again but cutting it with unfermented apple juice to add the flavor. What do you all think??

                                              Joe Framer

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: