Re: Bird Watchers Recipe Fail

  • made_it_myself
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2012
      Is this the recipe?

      3 cups tomato paste

      Juice 3 lemons

      Approx. 18 kg sugar

      225 grams fresh regular bakers yeast.

      water up to 80 litres.

      I only mention this because you used the word "turbo" in your post and I think an assumption was made.
      I do agree though that you should try EC-118 instead of bakers yeast.
      That should give you a cleaner wash, also of course the cuts are important and the more practice you get, the better the results.
    • David Arnold
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2012

        Did you use a carbon filter at all?

        I double distill, using conservative cuts from a column, dilute back to 40%, run it through a clean activated carbon column, and get the smoothest, absolutely wonderful “shine” that anyone I have shared it with can remember. It tastes cleaner than anything I can buy at the store.

        I redistill about 30+-% of each run in my next first run.

        Hope this gives you some ideas to gain higher purity.