Distilling "Bad" Cabernet

  • uncleted101
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2012
      Found a stockpile of wine from a local winery that had turned a bit sour. It's probably about 14% ABV. Thought I would just shoot for 90 to 95% or as pure as can get, cut and age in oak. Know there are Brandy distillations but are there any other special procedures I should do such as adjusting PH or ? Thanks for any feedback.
    • Brendan Keith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2012
        Message
        If you want it to remain a brandy, then pot still it, aiming for the natural 65%-70%, then age as you planned.

        If you aim for 90-95%, it will be very close to neutral.

        --

        Brendan Keith

        bkeith@...