Cognac - Brandy Still design

  • harisaki2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      For many years I have run an open wood fire under a pot still to produce brandy. I would like to make this more efficient.

      Web searches show many cognac stills housed within a rectanglar box built from bricks. These were once wood fired, now with a gas burner that is more controllable.
      Does anyone have a design available of a fire box and brickwork to make a more efficient design than my present rudimentary system?
      regards
      Hari.