Homemade still Question/idea

  • KootenayBoy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2012
      Im a brand new member but long time lurker of the site :) I have some questions for my own information and would love to discuss opinions with others :)

      I was wondering if anyone has opinions on using a spent helium balloon tank as a Still?

      I happened across one and it caught my eye its about a 20lb tank BBQ size with a small opening at the top about 5/8" copper pipe size. I think it would work awesome as the boiling flask, but I have been unable to come up with any information as to how the tans are built and of what. the exterior is red the type sold for parties to fill balloons, the inside is polished metal. I dont know if its coated with some chemical or if it will rust.

      its my thoughts that even small amounts of rust will not effect anything distilled as it would come out in the wash as it were lol.

      Id love to hear what people think about this

      Cheers :)